Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pirate Bars: The Wave of the Future

It's an idea that's reached its prime, don't you think?

Sure, we have a ride and a movie, but no theme bar! And sure, we have bars with jaunty names like the Bucaneer Bar or the Admiral Benbow, but...they're not really PIRATE bars, are they? There's no crusty old guy in the corner playing an accordian, and no serving wenches, and no sea shanties!

There really need to be sea shanties.

It struck me after visiting the Jekyll & Hyde Bar and Slaughtered Lamb Pub in Greenwich Village that if only there were slightly less cheesy, less tourist-oriented versions of such places here in the Bay Area, I'd probably go out more often. Right? I mean, pry my ass off a barstool at a pirate bar!

I'd do it myself, but I don't have half a mill or the know-how. Maybe someone out there reading this does, and will tell me about it. May I suggest the Potrero and Mission Districts as fabulous places to think about placing your business, sir or madam?

Just a thought, as I go back to reading "Treasure Island"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home